Our experienced team of movers leaves no detail behind. We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction and it shows. With comprehensive moving services, as well as packing and piano moving, you can trust us to get the job done right. Founded by Derek Shaw, Moving Proz is proud to be your local Kansas City moving company. We understand how hard it is for you as the customer to hand over your belongings and entrust them to us. After all, these are very personal items and need to be treated with care and respect. That’s why we work with you to ensure a smooth and seamless transition from one abode to the next with our movers in Lawrence.
We are proud to be the community’s trusted moving company in Lawrence KS offering these services to all:
Want to know why our past and repeat clients love us? Check out our Testimonials page now.
Living in Lawrence, KS
Lawrence is a diverse and multifaceted city that provides many of the amenities of a large metropolitan area, while still maintaining a strong sense of community. Located in Northeast Kansas, Lawrence is just 45 minutes west of Kansas City, and 30 minutes east of Topeka, the state capital. Lawrence offers a rich and fascinating history, a wide range of exciting cultural experiences, nationally recognized educational institutions, and some of the most unique and enjoyable shopping opportunities in the Midwest.
Lawrence possesses all of the aspects of a friendly, active and culturally diverse community. With the perfect combination of small-town hospitality and big-city attractions, Lawrence lays claim to its share of national recognition and historical significance.
Lawrence boasts one of the most vibrant downtown shopping, dining and entertainment districts in the Midwest. Many have called Massachusetts “Mass” Street – or “Mass” to the locals – one of the most beautiful main streets in America.
Lawrence is also home to two universities: the University of Kansas and Haskell Indian Nations University. Approximately 28,000 students attend KU, which has one of the nation’s most beautiful campuses. Haskell Indian Nations University is the nation’s only inter-tribal university for Native Americans, representing more than 150 tribes from all across the country.
Lawrence is home to two popular public 18-hole golf courses: Eagle Bend and Alvamar. Eagle Bend was the site of the 2000 American Junior Golf Association Championship. Alvamar, which is consistently listed among the best 100 golf courses in the U.S. by Golf Digest, was called the “best maintained golf course in the United States” by Grounds Maintenance magazine.
- Lawrence was ranked 6th in the nation by the U.S. Census for per capita bachelor degree attainment.
- Lawrence is listed 8th in John Villani’s, “The 100 Best Small Art Towns In America” (4th edition – 2005), for towns with populations between 30,000 and 100,000.
- Lawrence is a good place to start and grow new companies. In 2000, INC. magazine nationally ranked Lawrence 28th on the list of “50 Best Small Metro Areas” based on local business startups in the last 10 years and continued growth.
- The National Endowment for the Arts ranked Lawrence 12th among cities in the U.S. with the largest percentage of professional artists in the workforce.
- The Lied Center of Kansas, the University of Kansas’ multi-million dollar performing arts center, is ranked by International Arts Manager magazine as one of the “Top 10 U.S. University Presenters.”
- Nearby Clinton Lake is listed as one of the “50 Great Boating Lakes” by Boating World Magazine.
- In 2014, the NCAA ranked Lawrence #2 in their list of America’s 5 Best College Basketball Towns.
Ready to move to Lawrence? Call on our experiences professional local movers in the Lawrence area, where our dedicated full-time movers are efficient and experienced experts. You will be happy to know we boast no-hassle pricing with zero hidden charges or fees, resulting in an honest, smooth an efficient move.