Come work for us!
JOB TITLE: Mover
REPORTS TO: Derek Shaw, Owner
The main emphasis for this job is the ability to lift and maneuver heavy furniture in and out of homes, storage units, apartments, offices, etc…. We work together at a fast pace and you will be expected to work at the same pace. You will be responsible for safely transporting furniture, boxes, misc. items, following company procedures on protecting furniture and safely packing furniture. This position requires you to follow directions as dictated and have the ability to communicate well with others. We operate as a TEAM, not as individuals. You must be a team player with a positive attitude. The person for this position must be extremely dependable to be considered for employment with Moving Proz LLC.
Essential Job Functions:
- Check the calendar daily for all moves, estimates, and pack jobs posted
- Go over mechanics of move with team prior to the date of the move noting any special instructions and requirements, certifying start time, loading and packing instructions and travel instructions.
- Make sure all needed material is on board prior to going out on a move.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to arranged start time.
- Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walkthrough of the premises.
- Adhere to company moving policies and procedures to pack, unpack, load and unload household goods.
- Assure conformance in loading patterns to prevent shifting or damage to household goods during transit.
- Report any work injuries within 24 hours of occurring
- Resolve work problems or assists workers in solving problems.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must meet company’s criminal background requirements
- Must be able to disassemble and reassemble household goods
- Must be willing to go on overnight trips
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs
- Must be able to use GPS
- Will be required to wear company uniform
- Drivers: Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
Moving Proz LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages minority and disabled individuals to apply for employment. Required accommodations may be requested through the Human Resources Department.