We’re not flakes. We’re not jerks. We’re not know-it-alls. Well, we know it all, but we also know it’s your stuff and your place and your move. We’ll ask questions and address your concerns. We’re the experts, but you’re the boss.
This is why you’re going to love us:
- We’re fully licensed and insured, so even if we break something (it happens), we’ll make it right.
- No hidden fees (no stair charges, no weekend rates — heck, if we sold wings, the dipping sauce would be included).
- We take it apart and put it back together (and no leftover screws, we promise!).
- When you call, you can talk to actual human beings.
- Our packing supplies cost what they should cost (we’re looking at you, shipping services).
Speaking of packing supplies, moving is like painting. A lot of your success is determined by the prep work — which means packing well is half the battle. Here’s why you should consider adding packing services when you hire movers for local moves:
- Anyone who’s ever watched a Marie Kondo video knows clutter = stress. We can pack faster than you, and all at once (rather than piecemeal, sucking up your time and available floor space for weeks before a move).
- Our boxes will be organized in a manner that makes unpacking quicker and more efficient.
- We’ll use fewer boxes than you will, which might save you money and might save, you know, the planet.
- Stuff we pack tends to arrive in one piece, even if we’re not driving the truck (but by all that is holy, let us drive the truck).
If you’re still determined to pack everything yourself, let us give you some advice. First, hold every item you intend to pack, and if it sparks joy … man, someone has built a Kondo-minium in our heads and is living there rent free.
Actually, we like to keep our packing tips simple:
- Don’t over-pack any boxes. Use smaller boxes for heavier items, like those books you’re going to read one day.
- Don’t mix multiple rooms in one box. Toilet brushes and salad tongs do not mix.
- If you’re going to need it right away, put it on the truck last. We’re talking about the bathroom box and the kitchen box with the basics you’ll want readily available right up until your departure from the old place and immediately upon arrival at the new.
- Wrap valuable items over the sofa or a bed. Then at least you’ve got a shot at a rebound before it hits the floor.