Are you planning to move to the heart of America? You are not alone. Kansas City is becoming an increasingly popular destination to live in, and for good reason. With a population of over 2.1 million, hundreds of parks, trails, barbecue restaurants, and huge developmental investments, Kansas City is a great place to live. But how you move to Kansas City can make or break your experience, and it all starts with the moving services you choose. So, how can you find the best Kansas City Movers? Whether you are moving within Kansas City or embarking on a long-distance move, the best mover will ensure a stress-free experience. Read on to learn everything you need to find the best moving company in Kansas.
Benefits of Hiring a Kansas Moving Company It can be tempting to consider moving without support, as this often seems like the most economical option. However, it is essential to factor convenience into your budgeting and other factors such as transportation, supplies, and labor time. The benefits of hiring a moving company in Kansas also add significant value to the investment.
Local Experience Kansas City Movers will have the local knowledge you need for a stress-free move. They will know the area well and how to navigate through any issues, such as road closures. Plus, they may even be able to give you advice about the local area to help you settle faster into your new life in Kansas City.
Moving Expertise Did you know that most people rate moving homes as their most stressful life event? Other life events listed in the survey included having children, starting a new job, and getting a divorce. But there are ways to make a move less stressful, including finding the best moving company for your needs. A moving company has the experience and resources to make your move as efficient as possible. You do not have to worry about learning how to pack effectively or prevent breakages, as the movers will be in control. You also do not need to worry about injury from loading and unloading items, as you will have an experienced team to manage this. Instead, you can focus on other essential aspects of the move, such as researching Kansas City and learning about the schools, activities, healthcare, and other resources in the area.
Fewer Trips If you are planning a long-distance move to Kansas City, you do not want to worry about making multiple trips with your items. Even going back and forth across the city can be a hassle, especially if you have other commitments. Finding the best Kansas City Movers will guarantee you can move into your new home as soon as possible.
Peace of Mind There is a lot to think about when moving home, so why add more stress by having to think about packing logistics? The moving company can handle everything to do with transporting your items to your new home. You can have peace of mind that your items are safe and well-packed.
Cost-Savings Did you know that hiring a moving company can actually save you money? You do not have to invest in packing material, such as bubble wrap or boxes. And you do not need to worry about hiring transport, as usually this is included in the mover’s service price. Instead, spend that money and time investing in your new Kansas home!
Why You Should Research Moving Companies It is important to spend time researching to find the best Kansas City Movers, as unfortunately, not all moving companies are created equally. There are several reasons to research moving companies. Look out for these red flags:
If a moving company puts pressure on you to provide money upfront, especially if there is no written estimate, then consider looking elsewhere. No reviews, knowledge, or equipment also suggests they will not provide the quality service you deserve. A professional moving company will be on time and own their equipment.
- Asking for a cash deposit before you move
- Unreliable and hard to contact
- They use a rented moving van
- Lack of moving knowledge
- No customer reviews
Avoid Legal Issues If you pick a moving company without the correct documentation, you could end up with various legal issues. For example, if your belongings are damaged during the move, the company may not have the insurance coverage to replace them. Taking the time to research moving companies avoids costly issues such as this.
Protect Your Belongings The best moving company will have the resources and skills to move your belongings without issue. You do not want to risk breakages or lost items by picking an inexperienced or unreliable moving company. Carefully transporting belongings is not easy, so invest the time now to find the best mover for your items.
Get the Right Moving Service Not all moving services are the same. There are different types of moving services available, so be sure to research to find the right service for your needs. You do not want to end up with a company that is unable to fulfill the long-distance move or cannot transport a fragile item, such as a piano.
Reduce Stress There are thousands of moving companies in the US, and the market is expected to continue to grow in size. It can feel overwhelming to spend time researching moving services, but you will save yourself future stress and have a smooth move into your new home. After all, picking an unreliable moving service could cause a variety of issues that will heighten stress when you need to be the calmest; during your move.
Cost-Efficiency Not all companies have the best intentions, especially if they do not have any reviews. Finding the best moving company will save you money, but picking any company can harm your wallet. You might not be getting the best customer service, quality, or resources for the price.
Steps to Find the Best Kansas City Movers So, now you know the importance of using a moving company, but how do you find the right moving company? We have you covered. Here are the top steps to finding the best moving company for your needs.
1. Determine Your Location First, determine the location of your movers. Do you need a local mover or moving services that offer long-distance moves? Or, do you need a residential or commercial mover? Some positives of a local moving company include:
However, local movers work in a specific area, such as Kansas City or a particular city area. Sometimes this is limiting, especially if you are moving from a different area of the state or across the country. If you can find a company that works in other cities, such as Kansas City and Denver, then you reap the benefits of local knowledge and long-distance services:
- Knowledge of the local area
- Supporting the local economy
- Easy to access moving company
Always check the distance a moving company covers. Some long-distance moving services cover the entire country, whereas others cover specific distances or certain states. If you are moving to Kansas City from a different country, look for an international moving company. Then, you can ask the movers for extra assistance if you need it. A commercial or residential moving company has the specialist experience to navigate these types of moves.
- Easy travel arrangements
- Local and long-distance moving knowledge
- Safe transportation of belongings
2. Know What Moving Services You Need The best mover for you might not be the best for someone else. Around 27.1 million people moved in 2021, and not everyone will have used the same moving services. What moving company you choose depends on your specific needs, so it is essential to check the moving services on offer. Take the time to list what moving services you need to narrow down your search for the best moving company. Providing Packing Materials Most people need packing materials when they move house, even if you decide to de-clutter before moving. You want sufficient supplies to ensure all belongings are protected. Buying your own supplies can quickly add up, as you will need items such as:
A moving company may provide packing supplies as part of its service. Be sure to ask what supplies and how many resources they offer, as you do not want to end up with insufficient packing resources or poor quality options. You can decide whether to invest in your packing supplies or go with a moving company that provides everything you need. Moving Specialist Items Do you have a fragile item that needs extra care to move? Here are some items that are considered specialty items when moving:
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape
- Heavy-duty bags
- Box cutter
- Packing paper
Not all moving services have the expertise or resources to move specialist items safely. However, moving services have the facilities for humidity and temperature control, along with the right moving equipment. Do not presume every moving company can move your valuable items. Otherwise, you risk items getting damaged or broken. Check what equipment a moving company has to move objects and if there is an extra cost. Storage Solutions Is your home not ready yet? Then check if the moving company has storage solutions to help you. Solutions may include storage facilities or just using their moving vehicle to store items. It can be helpful to use a moving company that has storage connections for you. Sometimes people move into a new home and realize they do not immediately have the space for a specific item, or they are waiting to move into their new home. Save having to unpack and pack multiple times by finding a service that offers storage solutions if this is something you need. Packing and Unpacking On average, Americans take around 182 days to unpack after a move. While unpacking is doable on your own, it is time-consuming, which is why so many people put it off. However, the sooner you unpack, the sooner you can settle into your home. If you want to avoid staring at moving boxes and searching boxes for items, consider packing services. Many moving services offer packing and unpacking services as an add-on feature or as part of their service. You can pick your level of packing service: What is included in the packing services depends on the moving company and the service you select. However, the best moving company has the expertise to pack and unpack efficiently, no matter what package you choose. You can have peace of mind that your belongings are safely packed, and all space is utilized. You can make a plan with the moving company on how to organize and unpack in your new space to make it as simple as possible for you. They should also be open to your requests on how to best pack items. Assembly and Disassembly There are many items in the home that may need to be disassembled before moving them to your new space. Common things that need to be disassembled include:
- Fine art
- Grandfather clocks
- Wine collections
- Family heirlooms and antiques
- Game room items
- Specific appliances
You might be at a loss for how to reassemble items once in your new space, which is additional stress you do not need when moving homes. The most efficient solution is to look for an assembly and disassembly service to manage these items. They will ensure your items are safely disassembled and correctly assembled once more. Junk Removal Service If you have many items to dispose of, check whether the moving company offers junk removal. Some moving services will help with the disposal of furniture or other items. Or, you may want to donate items to a second-hand shop if someone could use them again.
- Dressers and tables
- Hanging cabinets and wall panels
- Certain sofas
- Bunk beds
- Entertainment centers
3. Work Out Your Budget Another critical step when finding Kansas City Movers is to work out your budget. You do not want to pick a moving company that is too costly for you. Start by comparing moving company costs and moving services. Be wary of companies that offer extremely low prices or ask for money upfront. Always check the fine print of their cost estimations and ask about any hidden costs. Moving companies may charge in different ways depending on what moving services you select. For example, if you move a long distance to Kansas City, charges will include the distance and weight of goods. You also must factor in labor costs and additional moving services you select. Also, be aware of moving companies that charge a premium rate. It does not mean they are the best service out there. A reputable moving company will offer a free estimate and explain their different packages on offer. You should always ask for a written contract with a cost breakdown before committing to a price or service. Take the time to review it and make sure there are no additional costs to note.
4. Check Recommendations and Reviews On paper, a Kansas City moving company may look great, but do their reviews match? If you have loved ones, colleagues, or acquaintances in the Kansas City area, ask them for recommendations. You can also check independent reviews and ask for customer reviews of different Kansas City Movers. Be wary of moving companies that cannot provide reviews or have many negative reviews. An excellent place to start researching is to research ‘Kansas City Movers’ or, if you are based in Kansas City, ‘the best mover near me.’ You can also check the Better Business Bureau for reviews. If you have specialist items to move, look out for reviews that have also used the same service.
5. Ask About Licenses and Insurance The best moving company also needs to have the correct licenses and insurance. Check they can work across states if you are planning a long-distance move to Kansas City. The moving company needs to be registered with the United States Department of Transportation, adhere to state rules, and have worker’s compensation insurance. You do not want to foot the bill if a worker is hurt on your property. The moving company may also have insurance to protect you and your belongings. Look for insurance that covers cargo and automobile liability. Cargo coverage ensures your personal belongings are protected if anything goes wrong during the move between homes. Automobile liability protects and compensates you if the company’s vehicle does any damage. Also, be sure to look at your insurance policies for your belongings, such as your homeowner’s policy. If a moving company does not have the proper licenses or insurance, it is not only a red flag. You should look elsewhere or risk facing costly issues if something goes wrong. There is no excuse for a moving company not to have the proper documentation.
6. Research the Moving Company Take the time to learn about the moving company to determine if they are the best mover for you. How long have they been in service? What is their company history? A reputable company will happily share its company history. It can help determine how experienced a company is and if their company values fit yours. For example, Moving Proz is an SBA certified (minority) woman-owned and operated member of the AMSA. Pick a moving company that values its employees and provides fair working conditions. Learning about the company helps you determine if they are passionate about what they do and what their customer service is like.
7. Speak to Them Directly There comes a time when you need to speak to the moving company directly to determine if they are the best mover for you. It is the time to ask any remaining questions and connect with them. You could even arrange an in-person visit if this is possible and you live in the Kansas City area. Speaking directly to the moving company will help build trust and demonstrate if they actually know Kansas City. A reputable moving company will happily answer your questions and, most importantly, listen to you. Be wary of any moving services that dismiss your questions or do not want to listen to your concerns. Also, be wary of any moving services that are hard to get in contact with or who do not stick to appointment times. It can suggest unreliability, so it is better to look for a more professional service elsewhere.
8. Check Logistics Verify the moving company’s address and how their logistics work. Do they own their moving vehicles? How do they guarantee a fast and efficient move? Checking logistics ensures you are on the same page as the moving company before committing to their service. It also helps determine how organized they are and gives you peace of mind that they will provide the moving service you require.
9. Consider Transparency Is the moving company responsible? It is essential to have a conversation about accountability so everything is clear if issues arise at a later date. A moving company should have information to share with you about responsibility and accountability. If the Kansas moving company does not want to discuss responsibilities, then it could suggest that they will avoid accountability for issues at a later date. A reputable company you can trust will be 100% transparent. Do not ignore your gut feeling if something feels off or a company is pressuring you to commit to their service. Consider looking elsewhere for a company you feel comfortable with.
The Best Kansas City Movers Now you have all the information to find the best Kansas City Movers for your move. Finding the right moving company for you will guarantee a stress-free experience without any issues. And you do not need to look far for the best Kansas City Movers. Moving Proz is here to help, providing affordable, professional, and hassle-free moves. We were born and raised in Kansas City and are excited to help you move into your new home here. We offer residential, commercial, city, and long-distance moves. Contact us today to get a free estimate and begin your moving journey.