Moving as part of a corporate relocation? Perhaps you just want to move to a bigger house to fit your growing family? Whatever the reason, the prospect of moving may likely have you in a panic. Rest assured, though, that hiring the right professionals for the job makes all the difference. How do you know when you should hire a mover or just rent a truck and do it yourself with some unsuspecting buddies? Check out these eight signs you need professional movers.
1. You have way too much stuff. This is a big clue: got a big family with lots of furniture, clothing, toys and household items? You need a professional. If you attempt it yourself, you’ll be taking too many trips back and forth that the job will take forever. With a mover, it may take just one trip, or two, to get it all done.
2. The destination is too far. You may be able to get away with using your minivan or a moving truck rental if you’re just going across town, but if the destination is several cities or states over — not to mention across the country — you’ll need professionals to tackle this one. Friends only go so far.
3. You have large, bulky items. Got a piano, pool table, huge sectional or air hockey table? That’s a big sign you need to call in a pro. These movers do all the planning and measuring beforehand to ensure a seamless transition, plus they bring the muscle that’s needed to move anything from couches and recliners to beds and dining room tables.
4. Your stuff is expensive. This is a no-brainer. You don’t want to leave your most valuable possessions to chance. Professionals movers have the protection, padding, equipment and tools to safely transport your artwork, collectibles, expensive furniture, flat screen plasma TVs and decor items. Ensure the safe transport of your paintings and antiques by allowing professionals to treat those belongings with care so they’re properly packaged to make the trip.
5. You can take inventory. If you’re concerned about items going missing or getting lost because you have a lot of boxes or complicated inventories, hire a professional who can help you inventory and track your belongings from beginning to end. Be sure to obtain a written copy of the mover’s inventory list before the move even happens, says Real Simple.
6. Safety is a priority. Admit it: your stuff is heavy. Very heavy. Do you have the safety equipment and tools to get that heavy stuff out of your house and into the back of a truck? What about unloading it and doing it all in reverse once you reach your destination? Save yourself the bad back and tweaked neck and hire a professional instead. They take the safety precautions to ensure a smooth transition.
7. Make the most of efficiency. A move is a very complicated process. To increase the efficiency of getting your belongings from point A to point B, professional movers do their part to ensure a fast and efficient process that’s seamless and free of stress.
8. Get peace of mind. Being able to rely on your movers is key; when you hire reputable professionals for this task and you know you’ve done your research, you can rest easy knowing they will show up on time, handle your belongings with care, and ensure total efficiency and safety throughout the moving process.
Moving Proz fits the bill when it comes to total care and quality service during your move. Give us a call to learn about our affordable rates and personalized attention.