Pricing and Booking:
- Our hourly estimates are charged on a per-man per-hour basis. Under no circumstances are estimated costs, whether via telephone or on site, intended as a guarantee of the total costs for completed work. Time starts at the origin address and ends once the labor is completed at the destination.
- There is a 2 hour minimum per day on hourly services. Any time after the first two hours is prorated in 15 minute increments, billed as used.
- Flat rate moves are subject to an exact amount to be paid. Flat rates are priced according to the inventory provided. If the inventory is not accurate, the price will be subject to change accordingly.
- Moves are scheduled according to estimated move durations. Moving Proz LLC provides services billed in 15 minute increments after the first 2 hours.
- Over-the-phone estimates are dependent on customer inventory disclosure. Failure to properly disclose inventory will result in an inaccurate estimate. Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to refuse to move additional undisclosed inventory to preserve upcoming ETAs and schedule limitations. Please note: your crew will arrive with the equipment and materials necessary to move the items disclosed. If additional inventory is added and Moving Proz agrees to move the additional inventory, certain equipment and materials necessary to properly move those items may not be available. In these instances, the customer agrees to release Moving Proz’ liability for the undisclosed inventory.
- Specialty items including, but not limited to, pianos, safes, goals, grandfather clocks, pool tables, etc. must be disclosed prior to your move. These items will incur an additional fee based on the item size and weight as well as the move scope (i.e. stairs, switchback turns, walk around basements, etc.)
- Long distance moves are truck-specific. Our trucks are 26 feet long (1,400 cubic feet of space) unless otherwise specified. Moving Proz is not liable for any items that do not fit within the specified amount of truck space. Long distance moving estimates are also based on specific dates and times for pick up and delivery.
- Packing materials are sold separately from the packing service. Materials will be counted and added at the end. Packing materials are subject to sales tax.
- Moving Proz provides some services for a discounted “add-on” rate. These rates are dependent on fulfillment of the original service. If the original service is not completed, the discounted rate for the add-on service will be revoked and the service will be provided at the standard rate.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all information included in the Order for Service is accurate, including but not limited to name, contact information, move date, time preference, and addresses.
- Moves are booked on a first come first served basis. Availability is determined when you receive your estimate. However, if there is a delay in accepting the estimate, a signature on the Order for Service Agreement will not automatically guarantee booking. After we have received your signature, you will receive an email that confirms whether your move has been added to the schedule. If booked, you will receive an invoice for a deposit payment.
- Unless otherwise stated, a deposit is required to schedule your move. This deposit is applied towards your move total, not in addition to. We must have a card on file before dispatching your crew. Credit cards are automatically tokenized at time of deposit payment.
Local moves require 35% be paid as a deposit.
For moves scheduled Monday -Thursday, this deposit is fully refundable as long as your move is cancelled or rescheduled before close of business (6pm) at least 5 days prior to your move date. For moves scheduled Friday – Sunday, this deposit is fully refundable as long as your move is cancelled or rescheduled before close of business (6pm) at least 7 days prior to your move date.
In the case of long distance moves, a 50% deposit will be taken. 35%will be taken at the time of booking. 15%will be taken 5 days prior to your move date. This deposit is fully refundable as long as your move is cancelled or rescheduled before close of business (6pm) at least 5 days prior to your move date.
Moves that are scheduled on the same day as your move require the 2 hour minimum amount be paid up front as a deposit. This payment is non-refundable should you choose to cancel.
- Moving Proz reserves the right to take a pre-authorization on your credit card for the quoted amount prior to the move. In some instances, a pre-authorization may be taken in lieu of a deposit.
- If the customer chooses to cancel or reschedule a booked move and does not contact Moving Proz LLC via email at [email protected] within the time frames listed above, the customer will either (a) forfeit their deposit if paid or (b) be charged a cancellation fee equal to the deposit if an exception was allowed and the deposit was not yet paid.
- If the customer chooses to cancel or reschedule a move on the day of moving, the customer will be charged an additional $100 fee.
- ETAs are set 1-2 days prior to the move date. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Moving Proz of any deadlines, restrictions, or time preferences. Information regarding ETAs can be viewed above in the Move Information section notes. If the customer does not provide this information prior to receiving his or her ETA, Moving Proz can not guarantee any adjustments to the schedule.
- Methods of payment accepted are cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express. Checks will only be accepted for corporate moves and must be pre-approved. Any checks that are returned will be subject to a $50 penalty. A 5%discount will be included for payments other than credit or debit.
- Total charges must be paid to the lead mover at the end of the move unless other arrangements are made with us when the work was scheduled prior to the move date. Customers that are unable to provide payment upon completion of move or customers that have set up a billing arrangement before their move have ten days to provide full payment. Payments should be mailed to: (13725 Metcalf Ave #302, Overland Park, KS, 66223).
- If payment is not received in full after the initial ten days after the date of service:
- For invoices up to $1000.00: the customer will be billed an additional $100.00 per day up to ten days, a maximum of $1000.00.
- For invoices in excess of $1000.00: the customer will be billed an additional $100.00 per day up to nine days, totaling $900.00. The twentieth day of non-payment will incur a fee equal to the invoice total less $900, bringing the total fees equal to the cost of the final invoice.
- After twenty days of non-payment, the customer will be taken to small claims court, and/or the debt will be turned over to a collection agency.
- Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to provide and charge for additional movers. Any additional movers will be charged for at a rate equal to or less than the rate per mover provided in the moving estimate.
- We also require that the customer, or someone appointed by the customer, to be present throughout the move to be available for any consultation that our moving specialists might require.
- The move start time will begin when the movers arrive. Should a customer’s job be delayed due to a fault of the customer, including but not limited to: path obstruction, not fully packed, unprepared to move, customer not available, etc., the customer will be responsible for paying for the full move, including the duration of the delay. Moving Proz LLC also reserves the right to cancel the move, and the customer will forfeit their deposit.
- If the customer is not able to be contacted up to one hour after the scheduled move time, the customer will be charged an additional late cancellation fee of $100.00.
- The customer is responsible for providing a clear path for the movers upon arrival. Any obstruction including but not limited to: snow, clutter, parked vehicles, etc., must be removed prior to the start of the move. The move start time will begin when the movers arrive, and the customer will be required to pay the hourly rate until a clear path is established.
- Moving Proz LLC has the standard of parking in the driveway. If there is not a driveway, the movers will park in the most convenient space available near the entryway of the move site.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for damages to yard, trees or landscaping due to the positioning of the truck if not otherwise notified by the customer prior to the scheduled move time.
- Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for any delays due to parking availability. Any delays incurred while attempting to find a proper parking space and/or delays resulting from a greater walking distance to the nearest available parking space are the customer’s responsibility, and the billable time will continue.
- Moving Proz LLC has the right to refuse partial or complete service for the following but not limited to: rodents, insects, any condition that is hazardous or a health risk to our movers, overall uncleanliness of the property, or abusive or disrespectful treatment of the movers by any person on the premises.
- Movers have the right to document company liabilities or hazards within the home including but not limited to: existing damages, health risks, or illegal activity in the form of photographs and/or video.
- Moving Proz LLC has the right to reschedule a move due to inclement weather conditions. If the weather is not a danger to the movers and the customer wishes to proceed with the move, Moving Proz LLC will not be held liable for job delays, and the customer will be responsible for the entire duration of the move. Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for damages or inaccessibility due to weather conditions including but not limited to rain, snow, ice, or mud.
- Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for delays due to traffic, highway obstruction, faulty or impassable highways, or lack of capacity of any highway, bridge, or ferry.
- Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for normal wear and tear on your residence resulting from moving items.
- We offer disassembly and reassembly at no extra charge. Customers will continue to be billed at the agreed-upon hourly rate. Movers have the standard of bringing a basic hand tool set. Our movers do not bring power tools. If any specific tools are necessary, the customer is responsible for providing those tools.
- Floor protection is offered in the form of ram board (for wood floors) and carpet mask and must be requested prior to the move date. Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for cleaning floors. We will make every effort with the customer to maintain the integrity of existing flooring, but unless floor protection is previously requested by the customer, we will not be responsible for any damage due to soiling. Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for wood floor or carpet damage if the customer declines to purchase the recommended floor protection.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any goods once out of their care, custody or control, including but not limited to: items placed in a storage facility, rental truck, or shipping container. Should the customer choose to employ multiple moving service providers over the duration of their move, any claims for damages must be documented with a time stamp immediately following services rendered by Moving Proz LLC and prior to the start of services rendered by other companies.
- Jobs can take longer due to a variety of factors such as customer unpreparedness, elevator delays or malfunctions, multiple dis/reassemblies, long walks, other factors listed above, and other such delays. Moving Proz LLC is not liable for these variables. If the customer believes a delay to be the fault of Moving Proz LLC, he or she must bring this to the attention of the crew lead and/or operations manager during the move or at the time of billing. Moving Proz LLC will only compensate up to 1/2 hr for time related issues reported after billing is complete.
- The customer may not hire his or her movers to perform moving work outside of Moving Proz LLC.
- oving Proz LLC is not liable for any damage to property or belongings of the customer when items are moved contrary to movers’ advice.
- Speciality Items such as, but not limited to: treadmills, gun safes, fireproof file cabinets, pianos, or any other equipment must be disclosed to Moving Proz LLC prior to the move. These items may require special equipment or disassembly by the manufacturer.
- In the absence of professional preparation, Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for specialty items including, but not limited to waterbeds, grandfather clocks, gas appliances, pool tables, water softeners, treadmills, and other workout equipment. A qualified person should prepare these items prior to relocation.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for Items that are forbidden to transport. Examples include but are not limited to: fuels, combustibles, corrosives, cleaning supplies, aerosols, flammables, candles, explosives, ammunition, weapons, propane tanks, spray or canned paint, fishing bait, perishable items, open liquor, or any item that might inherently damage the shipment.
- Moving Proz LLC will not transport deceased remains.
- Moving Proz LLC will not transport pets, livestock or any living creatures, caged or uncaged.
- Moving Proz LLC cannot transport plants across state lines. At the driver’s discretion, plants can be moved within the state with no liability accepted. Moving Proz LLC will not be held liable for soiling of other items due to moving plants.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any cement-based statuary, including birdbaths, fountains, etc., which could break, crack, or separate due to vibrations in transit during the move.
- Under no circumstances will Moving Proz LLC be liable for cracking, crumbling or breakage of concrete approaches, such as driveways and sidewalks.
- Any small valuable items including but not limited to jewelry, small electronics, guns, currency, credit cards, drugs, and medication need to be moved prior to our movers arriving at the pickup location. Moving Proz will not be held responsible for these items.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for items packed by owner. Customers are responsible for the internal contents of the box.
- Moving Proz LLC requires all small loose items to be packed by the customer or a moving specialist. Loose items include, but are not limited to: items in jewelry boxes, dressers, bureaus, items on counter tops, dresser tops, or bookshelves, items in cabinets or drawers, toys, DVDs/CDs, etc. If these items are not securely packed, Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to refuse to move these items. Moving Proz LLC is not liable for the loss of or any damage incurred to small loose items.
- Unpacked Items: Mirrors, lamps, pictures, glass tops, marble tops, and other fragile items need to be packed by the customer or by Moving Proz LLC for an extra fee (packing materials). If these items are unpacked, Moving Proz LLC will not be held liable for any damages.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for damages to glass shelves or table tops, hanging artwork, pottery or ceramic items unless appropriately and professionally packed by Moving Proz.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for damages to items made of plywood/particle board or any ready-to- assemble furniture such as IKEA.
- Furniture, such as computer desks, entertainment centers, some bookcases, etc., should be dismantled in order to properly relocate them. If you request that we move these items assembled, Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for any damage.
- Furniture going into storage will be wrapped with 3 ply brown paper which will be charged at $4 per sheet unless the customer specifically requests otherwise.
- Fragile electronics including but not limited to television sets, stereos, and computers must be boxed prior to moving. At the driver’s discretion, these unboxed items can be moved for you with no liability accepted.
- In the absence of any external or recognizable damage, Moving Proz LLC is not liable for electronic & mechanical performance of household goods shipped, including but not limited to: TV’s, refrigerators, freezers, stereos, computers, television sets, stereos, phonographs, washers, and dryers, etc. These devices often fail for other reasons than transportation or from normal vibrations inherent to transportation. Because Moving Proz LLC has no way of knowing the internal working condition of these items, claim responsibility will be limited to external condition. Proper servicing and after care is the customer’s responsibility.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for disconnecting electric, water, and gas. At the customer’s request, Moving Proz LLC will disconnect simple plumbing and electrical items including but not limited to: washer hoses, dryer vent hoses, ice makers, and electrical cords. Moving Proz LLC will not accept responsibility for loss or damage resulting from leaky valves, broken lines, faulty connections, corrosion, electrical malfunction, etc.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for items loaded by owner. Packing, loading, transporting and unloading certain property creates certain risks to your property and yourself. If anyone other than an employee of Moving Proz LLC assists in the loading or unloading of household objects, all liability will be waived.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be responsible for items left behind, either at the origin address or on the truck. Make sure you do a walk through once loading is complete before letting the movers proceed to the destination: check your closets, drawers, attic, and outside. Customers are responsible for walking through the entire property at every pickup or drop off location to make sure that items are either loaded or unloaded before the movers can leave with payment.
- In the event of loss, Moving Proz LLC will make every attempt to locate and return lost items. Should lost items not be located, Moving Proz LLC will fully cooperate with the customer to recover these items. Moving Proz LLC is not liable for items that the customer believes are missing that cannot be shown to have been in the care, custody or control of Moving Proz LLC.
- Moving Proz cannot be held responsible for matching or providing paint or stain for damage repairs.
- In the event of damage, the invoice must be paid in full before the claim can be settled.
Moving Proz LLC offers professional, in-home packing services. If you have chosen to pack your own breakables, electronics, and other belongings into boxes independently, you, therefore, agree to take responsibility for those items. In the event your belongings are broken or damaged due to improper packing, you agree to not hold Moving Proz LLC responsible and relinquish your rights to sue, slander, or be compensated by them. While not likely, imperfect or unexpected road conditions may cause some turbulence within the truck. Items not properly packed in boxes can be damaged or displaced while in-transit. If you have chosen to do your own packing in lieu of this knowledge, you take full responsibility for the items not professionally packed by Moving Proz LLC. Moving Proz LLC gladly accommodates customers who choose to pack their own valuable, electronic, or other items. Moving Proz LLC does inform its customers that it is advisable to have their items packed by professionals. Moving Proz LLC agrees to load non-professionally pre-packed items but cannot be held responsible if they are damaged or broken upon arrival to the destination.
Released value coverage at $0.60 per lb per item is provided at no additional cost. Weight is determined by the AMSA Table of Weights unless product specifications can be verified. Other insurance options are recommended and available at an additional cost upon request as shown in the estimate. Any items with a value exceeding $100/lb must be specifically noted in inventory prior to moving.
It is solely the customer’s responsibility to inspect and indicate damaged or missing items at time of delivery. Valuation of claim will be based on those indications subject to the limitations of liability as described in this document.
In the event of claims for damaged property, the following procedure must be followed:
- Invoices must be paid in full prior to submitting a claim, or the claim will not be processed.
- Customer will notify Moving Proz LLC to request a claim form and discuss the claim WITHIN 7 DAYS.
- Customer must complete and submit the claim form to Moving Proz LLC WITHIN 10 DAYS of the move date. It is the customer’s responsibility to submit (1) the claim and (2) all photos and details to Moving Proz via the claim form.
- Once the claim form is received by Moving Proz LLC, Moving Proz LLC will investigate the claim and notify the customer of the results WITHIN 90 DAYS.
- Those responsible for the damage or loss will be determined by Moving Proz LLC based on the terms and conditions listed above.
- If Moving Proz LLC is found to be responsible for the damage or loss claimed, Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to select from the following options:
- If the customer has purchased Full Valuation Insurance:
- Repair the item(s)
- Replace the item(s) with item(s) of a similar nature
- Make a monetary settlement for the Fair Market Value of the item
- If the customer has agreed to Released Value Coverage:
- Repair the item(s)
- Replace the item(s) with item(s) of a similar nature
- Make a monetary settlement for the Fair Market Value of the item
- Make a monetary settlement for $0.60/lb, based on the weight of the item
- If the customer has purchased Full Valuation Insurance:
- If the item(s) is/are repairable, Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to select the vendor(s) who will subsequently make the repairs. This also includes structural damage to property such as walls, doors, flooring, etc. If the customer repairs, replaces, or discards the item(s) and or structural damage before a claim is submitted and/or thoroughly evaluated with a response, Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any charges incurred to the customer and the customer has voided their right to a claim.
- If it is determined by Moving Proz LLC that they are not responsible for the damage, the claim will be denied.
All customers of Moving Proz LLC agree to the terms and conditions here laid forth. Customers understand that by accepting this estimate, you are entering into a contract with Moving Proz LLC to perform the work described in the estimate. Any violation of the terms and conditions, on the part of the customer, voids all liability held by Moving Proz LLC. This agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and construed according to the law of the State of Kansas. In event of any litigation or legal action arising out of services rendered by or on behalf of this company, the customer specifically agrees that all actions shall be instituted in and that the venue shall be Johnson County, Kansas. All collection fees and all legal fees will be incurred by the customer. Customers agree to the aforementioned penalties and fees associated with cancellation and rescheduling. Should a cancellation or rescheduling fee be incurred, customers authorize Moving Proz LLC to process this transaction on the stored credit card. Charges for services rendered will be processed on the credit card on file at the end of the move in the absence of an alternate form of payment. Customers waive their right to dispute any charges with my credit card company or to request a chargeback, except in the case of a clerical error or mistaken charge.