Pricing and Booking:
- Our hourly estimates are charged on a per-hour basis. Under no circumstances are estimated costs, whether via telephone or on site, intended as a guarantee of the total costs for completed work. Time starts at the origin address and ends once the labor is completed at the destination.
- There is a 2 hour minimum on hourly services. Any time after the first two hours is prorated in 15 minute increments, billed as used.
- Flat rate moves are subject to an exact amount to be paid. Flat rates are priced according to the inventory provided. If the inventory is not accurate, the price will be subject to change accordingly.
- Long distance moves are truck-specific. Our trucks are 26 feet long (1,400 cubic feet of space) unless otherwise specified. Moving Proz is not liable for any items that do not fit within the specified amount of truck space.
- Moves are booked on a first come first served basis. Your signature on the Order for Service Agreement is not a guarantee of availability for your move date. After we have received your signature, you will receive an email that confirms whether your move has been booked on the schedule.
- Packing materials are sold separately from the packing service. Materials will be counted and added at the end. Packing materials are subject to sales tax.
- Unless otherwise stated, a deposit is required to book your move.
Moves scheduled for Monday – Thursday require $100 or 20%, whichever is greater. This deposit is fully refundable as long as your move is cancelled or rescheduled at least 3 days prior to your move date.
Moves scheduled for Friday – Sunday require the 2 hour minimum be paid as a deposit.This deposit is fully refundable as long as your move is cancelled or rescheduled at least 5 days prior to your move date.
In the case of long distance moves, a 50% deposit will be taken. This deposit is fully refundable as long as your move is cancelled at least 5 days prior to your move date.
Moves that are scheduled on the same day as your move require the 2 hour minimum be paid up front as a deposit. This payment is non- refundable should you choose to cancel.
- Moving Proz reserves the right to take a pre-authorization on your credit card for the quoted amount prior to the move. In some instances, a pre-authorization may be taken in lieu of a deposit.
- If the customer chooses to cancel a scheduled move and does not contact Moving Proz LLC via email at [email protected] 72 hours prior to a scheduled move date, the customer will either (a) be charged a cancellation fee of $100.00 for moves estimated to be less than $1000 or 20% for moves estimated to be over $1000 or (b) will lose their deposit if paid.
- If the customer chooses to reschedule a move within 48 hours of their original move date, the customer will either (a) be charged a cancellation fee of $100.00 for moves estimated to be less than $1000 or 20% for moves estimated to be over $1000 or (b) will lose their deposit if already paid. Customers must pay an additional deposit in order to book the later date.
- If the customer chooses to cancel a scheduled move on the day of moving, the customer will be charged the 2 hour minimum or 50% of the estimated total, whichever is greater.
- Methods of payment accepted are cash, check, cashiers check, Visa, Master Card, or American Express. If you want to pay by check, you must include your driver’s license number on the check. Any checks that are returned will be subject to a $50 penalty. There is a 3% convenience fee for all payments by credit card.
- Total charges must be paid to the lead mover at the end of the move unless other arrangements are made with us when the work was scheduled prior to the move date. Customers that are unable to provide payment upon completion of move or customers that have set up a billing arrangement before their move have ten days to provide full payment. Payments should be mailed to: (13725 Metcalf Ave #302, Overland Park, KS, 66223).
- If payment is not received in full after the initial ten days after the date of service:
- For invoices up to $1000.00: the customer will be billed an additional $100.00 per day up to ten days, a maximum of $1000.00.
- For invoices in excess of $1000.00: the customer will be billed an additional $100.00 per day up to nine days, totaling $900.00. The twentieth day of non-payment will incur a fee equal to the invoice total less $900, bringing the total fees equal to the cost of the final invoice.
- After twenty days of non-payment, the customer will be taken to small claims court, and/or the debt will be turned over to a collection agency.
- Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to provide and charge for additional movers. Any additional movers will be charged for at a rate equal to or less than the rate per mover provided in the moving estimate.
- We also require that the customer, or someone appointed by the customer, to be present throughout the move to be available for any consultation that our moving specialists might require.
- The move start time will begin when the movers arrive. Should a customer’s job be delayed due to a fault of the customer, including but not limited to: path obstruction, not fully packed, unprepared to move, customer not available, etc., the customer will be responsible for paying for the full move, including the duration of the delay. Moving Proz LLC also reserves the right to cancel the move, and the customer will forfeit their deposit.
- If the customer is not able to be contacted up to one hour after the scheduled move time, the customer will be charged an additional late cancellation fee of $100.00.
- The customer is responsible for providing a clear path for the movers upon arrival. Any obstruction including but not limited to: snow, clutter, parked vehicles, etc., must be removed prior to the start of the move. The move start time will begin when the movers arrive, and the customer will be required to pay the hourly rate until a clear path is established.
- Moving Proz LLC has the standard of parking in the driveway. If there is not a driveway, the movers will park in the most convenient space available near the entryway of the move site.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for damages to yard, trees or landscaping due to the positioning of the truck if not otherwise notified by the customer prior to the scheduled move time.
- Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for any delays due to parking availability. Any delays incurred while attempting to find a proper parking space and/or delays resulting from a greater walking distance to the nearest available parking space are the customer’s responsibility, and the billable time will continue.
- Moving Proz LLC has the right to refuse partial or complete service for the following but not limited to: rodents, insects, any condition that is hazardous or a health risk to our movers, overall uncleanliness of the property, or abusive or disrespectful treatment of the movers by any person on the premises.
- Movers have the right to document company liabilities or hazards within the home including but not limited to: existing damages, health risks, or illegal activity in the form of photographs and/or video.
- Moving Proz LLC has the right to reschedule a move due to inclement weather conditions. If the weather is not a danger to the movers and the customer wishes to proceed with the move, Moving Proz LLC will not be held liable for job delays, and the customer will be responsible for the entire duration of the move. Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for damages or inaccessibility due to weather conditions including but not limited to rain, snow, ice, or mud.
- Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for normal wear and tear on your residence resulting from moving items.
- Floor protection is offered in the form of ram board (for wood floors) and carpet mask and must be requested prior to the move date. Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for cleaning floors. We will make every effort with the customer to maintain the integrity of existing flooring, but unless floor protection is previously requested by the customer, we will not be responsible for any damage due to soiling. Moving Proz LLC is not responsible for wood floor or carpet damage if the customer declines to purchase the recommended floor protection.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any goods once out of their care, custody or control, including but not limited to: items placed in a storage facility, rental truck, or shipping container. Should the customer choose to employ multiple moving service providers over the duration of their move, any claims for damages must be documented with a time stamp immediately following services rendered by Moving Proz LLC and prior to the start of services rendered by other companies.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any damage to property or belongings of the customer when items are moved contrary to movers’ advice.
- Speciality Items such as, but not limited to: treadmills, gun safes, fireproof file cabinets, pianos, or any other equipment must be disclosed to Moving Proz LLC prior to the move. These items may require special equipment or disassembly by the manufacturer.
- In the absence of professional preparation or disclosure, Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for specialty items including, but not limited to waterbeds, grandfather clocks, gas appliances, pool tables, water softeners, treadmills, and other workout equipment. A qualified person should prepare these items prior to relocation.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for Items that are forbidden to transport. Examples include but are not limited to: fuels, combustibles, corrosives, cleaning supplies, aerosols, flammables, candles, explosives, ammunition, weapons, propane tanks, spray or canned paint, fishing bait, perishable items, open liquor, or any item that might inherently damage the shipment.
- Moving Proz LLC will not transport deceased remains.
- Moving Proz LLC will not transport pets, livestock or any living creatures, caged or uncaged.
- Moving Proz LLC cannot transport plants across state lines. At the driver’s discretion, plants can be moved within the state with no liability accepted. Moving Proz LLC will not be held liable for soiling of other items due to moving plants.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any cement-based statuary, including birdbaths, fountains, etc., which could break, crack, or separate due to vibrations in transit during the move.
- Under no circumstances will Moving Proz LLC be liable for cracking, crumbling or breakage of concrete approaches, such as driveways and sidewalks.
- Any small valuable items including but not limited to jewelry, small electronics, guns, currency, credit cards, drugs, and medication need to be moved prior to our movers arriving at the pickup location. Moving Proz will not be held responsible for these items.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for items packed by owner. Customers are responsible for the internal contents of the box.
- Moving Proz LLC requires all small loose items to be packed by the customer or a moving specialist. Loose items include, but are not limited to: items in jewelry boxes, dressers, bureaus, items on counter tops, dresser tops, or bookshelves, items in cabinets or drawers, toys, DVDs/CDs, etc. If these items are not securely packed, Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to refuse to move these items. Moving Proz LLC is not liable for the loss of or any damage incurred to small loose items.
- Unpacked Items: Mirrors, lamps, pictures, glass tops, marble tops, and other fragile items need to be packed by the customer or by Moving Proz LLC for an extra fee (packing materials). If these items are unpacked, Moving Proz LLC will not be held liable for any damages.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for damages to glass shelves or table tops, hanging artwork, pottery or ceramic items unless appropriately and professionally packed by Moving Proz.
- Moving Proz LLC is not liable for damages to items made of plywood/particle board or any ready-to- assemble furniture such as IKEA.
- Furniture, such as computer desks, entertainment centers, some bookcases, etc., should be dismantled in order to properly relocate them. If you request that we move these items assembled, Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for any damage.
- Furniture going into storage will be wrapped with 3 ply brown paper which will be charged at $4 per sheet unless the customer specifically requests otherwise.
- Fragile electronics including but not limited to television sets, stereos, and computers must be boxed prior to moving. At the driver’s discretion, these unboxed items can be moved for you with no liability accepted.
- In the absence of any external or recognizable damage, Moving Proz LLC is not liable for electronic & mechanical performance of household goods shipped, including but not limited to: TV’s, refrigerators, freezers, stereos, computers, television sets, stereos, phonographs, washers, and dryers, etc. These devices often fail for other reasons than transportation or from normal vibrations inherent to transportation. Because Moving Proz LLC has no way of knowing the internal working condition of these items, claim responsibility will be limited to external condition. Proper servicing and after care is the customer’s responsibility.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for disconnecting electric, water, and gas. At the customer’s request, Moving Proz LLC will disconnect simple plumbing and electrical items including but not limited to: washer hoses, dryer vent hoses, ice makers, and electrical cords. Moving Proz LLC will not accept responsibility for loss or damage resulting from leaky valves, broken lines, faulty connections, corrosion, electrical malfunction, etc.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be liable for items loaded by owner. Packing, loading, transporting and unloading certain property creates certain risks to your property and yourself. If anyone other than an employee of Moving Proz LLC assists in the loading or unloading of household objects, all liability will be waived.
- Moving Proz LLC will not be responsible for items left behind, either at the origin address or on the truck. Make sure you do a walk through once loading is complete before letting the movers proceed to the destination: check your closets, drawers, attic, and outside. Customers are responsible for walking through the entire property at every pickup or drop off location to make sure that items are either loaded or unloaded before the movers can leave with payment.
- In the event of loss, Moving Proz LLC will make every attempt to locate and return lost items. Should
lost items not be located, Moving Proz LLC will fully cooperate with the customer to recover these items. Moving Proz LLC is not liable for items that the customer believes are missing that cannot be shown to have been in the care, custody or control of Moving Proz LLC.
- Moving Proz cannot be held responsible for matching paint or providing paint for wall damage.
- In the event of damage, the invoice must be paid in full before the claim can be settled.
Moving Proz LLC offers professional, in-home packing services. If you have chosen to pack your own breakables, electronics, and other belongings into boxes independently, you, therefore, agree to take responsibility for those items. In the event your belongings are broken or damaged due to improper packing, you agree to not hold Moving Proz LLC responsible and relinquish your rights to sue, slander, or be compensated by them. While not likely, imperfect or unexpected road conditions may cause some turbulence within the truck. Items not properly packed in boxes can be damaged or displaced while in-transit. If you have chosen to do your own packing in lieu of this knowledge, you take full responsibility for the items not professionally packed by Moving Proz LLC. Moving Proz LLC gladly accommodates customers who choose to pack their own valuable, electronic, or other items. Moving Proz LLC does inform its customers that it is advisable to have their items packed by professionals. Moving Proz LLC agrees to load non-professionally pre-packed items but cannot be held responsible if they are damaged or broken upon arrival to the destination.
Released value coverage at $0.60 per lb per item is provided at no additional cost. Other options are recommended and available at an additional cost upon request as shown in the estimate.
In the event of claims for damaged property, the following procedure must be followed:
- Customer will notify Moving Proz LLC to request a claim form and discuss the claim WITHIN 7 DAYS.
- Customer must complete and submit the claim form to Moving Proz LLC WITHIN 10 DAYS of the move date. It is the customer’s responsibility to submit (1) the claim and (2) all photos and details to Moving Proz via the claim form.
- Once the claim form is received by Moving Proz LLC, Moving Proz LLC will investigate the claim and notify the customer of the results WITHIN 90 DAYS.
- Those responsible for the damage or loss will be determined by Moving Proz LLC based on the terms and conditions listed above.
- If Moving Proz LLC is found to be responsible for the damage or loss claimed, Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to select from the following options:
- Repair the item(s)
- Replace the item(s) with item(s) of a similar nature
- Make a monetary settlement for the Fair Market Value of the item
- If the item(s) is/are repairable, Moving Proz LLC reserves the right to select the vendor(s) who will subsequently make the repairs. This also includes structural damage to property such as walls, doors, flooring, etc. If the customer repairs, replaces, or discards the item(s) and or structural damage before a claim is submitted and/or thoroughly evaluated with a response, Moving Proz LLC is not liable for any charges incurred to the customer and the customer has voided their right to a claim.
- If it is determined by Moving Proz LLC that they are not responsible for the damage, the claim will be denied.
All customers of Moving Proz LLC agree to the terms and conditions here laid forth. Any violation of the terms and conditions, on the part of the customer, voids all liability held by Moving Proz LLC. This agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and construed according to the law of the State of Kansas. In event of any litigation or legal action arising out of services rendered by or on behalf of this company, the customer specifically agrees that all actions shall be instituted in and that the venue shall be Johnson County, Kansas. All collection fees and all legal fees will be incurred by the customer. I have read, understand and agree completely with all of the above Contracted Terms and Conditions for this move. By affixing my signature below, I authorize Moving Proz LLC to provide exclusive moving services.